Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lollipops and Rainbows-Oh wait I am ahead of myself...

So I have finally jumped onto the bandwagon of the bloggosphere.  Hopefully you won't picture me in my mother's basement sitting in my underwear with nothing better to do than blog away.  I actually am a very busy and independant individual who hasn't required my mother's basement or her paying for my take out for about 25 years now.  So, why have I hopped aboard, you ask (or maybe you don't.  I may be the only one reading this and that's ok.)?
The reason I have started this blog boils down to one word.  One single word that in itself can connote a firework of emotion...  that one word is passion!
I am a very passionate person.  Not willy-nilly, not mamby pamby, not luke warm.  When something is important to me I feel it all the way down to my toes.  Recently, my oldest daughter was asked in a church class what she most admired about her Mom.  Without much thought she replied, "My Mom's greatest and worst attribute is that she is so passionate."  I agree.  Sometimes it is hard to keep my passion in check and at a level where those around me aren't driven stark raving mad by my rantings.
I have for some time been underwhelmed at the lack of passion that seems to be "allowed" on facebook.  I have read and heard people say that facebook isn't the place to debate things that may cause passion or discussions that offer differing opinions.  That if certain things are mentioned people might get their feelings hurt, or that people are on fb to just be social and don't want to hear about things that might be of importance or carry some weight to them.  To me this equates to the post that I made on fb just last night..."I would rather stand firm in my convictions, be unafraid to voice them and allow others to do the same, than live in a world of lollipops and rainbows, fluffing butterflies out of my rearend." 
Hence the name of my blog "No butterfly fluffing here:"  I am frank.  I am no nonsense.  I am honest.  Here in the safety of my own little corner of cyberspace I can talk about whatever it is that I am passionate about and no one can declare that I can't or shouldn't.   Some days my blogging may be on some subject that has to do with that dirty little word, politics.  Some days might find me lamenting about the social ills of our country.  While on the flipside some days may be religious in nature, the things I am passionate about that fill me with joy. 
So if you choose to enter: welcome.  But let me warn you, some days may not be for the faint of heart.  This is not a land of lollipops and rainbows. And like I indicated in my fb post, I allow others to have an opinion whether it is the same as mine or not.   So comment away, but remember "No Butterfly Fluffing Here."

2 comments:

  1. Leanne,
    I am looking forward to your passionate views on all subjects! I would love to participate in discussion as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to see you started a blog! I have enjoyed reading your first few posts. I too am one very opinionated person and it is a quality I admire in others. I am looking forward to reading more from you, without the "Butterfly Fluffing"

    ReplyDelete